This Easy Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe is a simple and healthy side dish that’s ready in just 12 minutes! This broccoli is perfectly roasted and topped with shredded Parmesan cheese. I bet after this recipe; you will want to air fry ALL your veggies!
Super Simple Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
Air fried broccoli just might change the minds of people who don’t like the taste of broccoli. There’s just something amazing about oven-roasted broccoli florets covered in butter and Parmesan cheese. Pair this recipe for broccoli in the air fryer with any main meal, and your dinner is set and ready to go.
This is one of the easiest air fryer recipes that you’re going to make. And it’s so good, too! The simple recipe tutorial below will show you every step you need to take to learn how to cook broccoli in the air fryer.
Main Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Broccoli – Fresh broccoli will crisp up better than frozen in this air fryer recipe.
- Olive oil and butter – Help the spices to bind to the broccoli and adds flavor.
- Garlic powder – Gives a slight garlic taste without overpowering. Don’t confuse this with garlic salt.
- Parmesan cheese – The perfect topping for creating an amazing flavor with hardly any effort.
- Red pepper flakes – This is optional but can add a little spice.
- Salt & Pepper – Just a pinch goes a long way. (Plus, you can always add on more later!)
How to cook Air Fried Broccoli:
Step 1: Chop fresh broccoli into florets, then wash and dry. Here are detailed instructions on how to chop broccoli into florets if you aren’t familiar.
Step 2: Combine the olive oil, garlic powder, melted butter, salt, and pepper. If you prefer to use fresh garlic, you can sub that instead as well as incorporate other spices you enjoy.
Step 3: Pour your oil and butter mixture over the broccoli in a bowl and toss until coated. I use tongs to help mix up the broccoli with the oil/butter mixture and spices.
Step 4: Add broccoli into the air fryer basket.
Step 5: Air fry for 6 minutes at 400 degrees F. Toss them in the air fryer for 6 more minutes or until it reaches desired tenderness.
Step 6: Remove from air fryer and sprinkle with fresh parm cheese. Enjoy! You now have crispy air fried broccoli in a mere matter of minutes!
Step 6: Remove roasted broccoli florets from the air fryer and sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese. Enjoy! You now have crispy air fried broccoli in a mere matter of minutes!
How big should the broccoli pieces be that are being added to the air fryer?
Consistency is the key when cutting up your broccoli. Try to cut it into small florets that are the same size. That way, they’ll all roast up evenly with the same texture.
Can you use frozen broccoli in the air fryer?
Yes, you can add frozen broccoli to your air fryer! Just keep in mind that your cook time will be a few minutes longer, and the texture will be a little different. You may not get that same charred or “fried” taste that you’re looking for when using an air fryer.
Fresh broccoli is what you need for this simple air fryer broccoli recipe.
Is cooking broccoli in the air fryer healthy?
It is! It’s such a simple, easy, and healthy recipe. It also fits within a keto/low carb diet- plus, it tastes fantastic! When you’re able to eat veggies and actually love and crave them, you know you’ve found a healthy and delicious recipe that is a keeper.
Main Dishes to Enjoy with this recipe:
What are some Other ways to serve your air-fried broccoli?
I love adding grated Parmesan cheese! It adds another layer of flavor. Other toppings that would be great on your broccoli:
- slivered almonds
- crumbled bacon bits
- crushed pork rinds (if you eat low carb) or Panko breadcrumbs (for more crunch)
- with other spices/herbs on top
How do I store leftover air-fried broccoli?
If you’re lucky enough to have any leftover, just add it to a seal-able container and store it in the fridge. It will still have that same roasted taste and flavor the next day, although it won’t have the same crispiness as it did when cooked fresh.
MORE Air fryer RECIPES:
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
- Garlic Mushrooms in the Air Fryer
- Healthy Air Fryer Broccoli & Cauliflower Dish
Easy Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- dash of red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Chop fresh broccoli into florets that are similar in size, then wash and dry them well. Add your florets to a large bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour that mixture over the broccoli and toss until nicely coated.
- Pour coated broccoli into your air fryer pan.
- Air fry for 6 min. Then toss your florets and roast for another 6 minutes or until it reaches desired tenderness and color.
- Remove from air fryer and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.