This Zesty Italian Chicken with Dressing Recipe is so quick and easy to prepare. With only TWO main steps, you will have this delicious meal on the table in no time! You will love this Italian dressing chicken recipe!
Zesty Italian Baked Chicken with Dressing:
I love a homemade dinner, but with a busy schedule, I don’t always have time to spend hours making a single meal. That’s why this baked chicken with Italian dressing is a perfect choice. You can’t beat a quick, easy, AND tasty recipe! The tender chicken breasts, flavorful seasonings, and light marinade combine for the perfect weeknight dinner!
Fixing this dish might seem overwhelming at first, but with few ingredients and little prep time, you will have no trouble at all! The step-by-step recipe tutorial below will explain exactly how to make this simple Italian dressing chicken.
Is Italian Chicken with Dressing Easy to Make?
This is the simplest baked chicken recipe you will ever make! It requires minimal ingredients and little time spent in the kitchen. Plus, you can even use your favorite bottle of Italian salad dressing to simplify this dinner recipe even more!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- chicken breasts- You can’t have baked Italian chicken without chicken! You could also use chicken thighs, drumsticks, or boneless, skinless breasts
- Italian dressing- Gives the juicy chicken breasts a delicious marinade.
- garlic powder, pepper, and rosemary- Adds extra flavor to the cooked chicken.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375°F. While the oven is preheating, add your chicken to a plastic bag with the zesty Italian dressing to begin marinating. You can let it marinate for 30-45 minutes if you have time; if you don’t have time to marinate the chicken, skip the zip lock bag and go straight to the baking dish.
Step 2: Place the marinated chicken in a glass baking dish. Add the seasonings and cook for approximately 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Tip: To be safe, make sure the internal temperature of the Italian chicken is at least 165°F before removing from the oven. A digital instant-read meat thermometer will work best to ensure your chicken is fully cooked and ready to eat!
Can I cook my Italian chicken with dressing in aluminum foil?
Yes! Cooking Italian chicken with marinade wrapped in aluminum foil will make your chicken especially tender and moist. It will keep the natural juices in the chicken from spreading out, giving you that extra burst of flavor. Plus, the cleanup is easy! When you are finished cooking, you can simply throw the aluminum foil packets in the trash.
How To Store:
- Storing Italian dressing chicken after cooking: If you cooked your easy chicken ahead of time or you are saving leftovers for later, you can keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight plastic bag or container. You can individually cover each breast with plastic wrap first if you want to. The chicken can be safely eaten within 3-4 days. If you want to have the chicken for a much longer amount of time, you can place it in a freezer bag where it can be stored for up to four months.
- Storing Italian dressing chicken before cooking- If you run out of time and decide not to cook the chicken, don’t worry! You can marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. If you prefer freezing, you can store the marinated chicken for 6-8 weeks in a sealed freezer bag. When you are ready to cook, just allow enough time for the chicken breasts to thaw in the refrigerator, and then follow the directions on the recipe card!
Can you freeze Italian dressing chicken?
Yes, you definitely can! Cooked chicken can be frozen in a freezer bag for up to four months. To get the best flavor, raw marinated chicken can be kept in the freezer for no longer than 6-8 weeks in an airtight freezer bag.
Tip: Tightly wrap your cooked chicken breasts or tenderloins in freezer paper or plastic wrap first. Then cover them with a layer of aluminum foil before placing them in a freezer bag. This will give extra protection to the chicken and help prevent freezer burn.
What to Serve with This Easy Chicken Recipe?
Here are some of my favorite side dishes to go with this chicken recipe.
- Pan-Fried Green Beans
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts & Bacon
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon
Can I cook Italian dressing chicken in a CROCKPOT?
You absolutely can! The main difference between using a slow cooker or the oven is the time involved. For Crockpot Italian chicken, you need to allow 7-9 hours on low for the chicken to fully cook or enough time for the internal temperature to be 165°F according to an instant-read meat thermometer. I would suggest searing the chicken breasts first in hot oil to brown the outside of the chicken.
Variations to this Recipe:
- spices – You can change up the spices to your preference. Italian seasoning, paprika, lemon pepper, and onion powder are all fantastic.
- chicken- Not everyone prefers boneless skinless chicken breasts so that you could use thighs, drumsticks, boneless chicken breasts, or tenders as an alternative. Your baking time will change depending on the cut of meat you choose.
- Italian dressing- Both store-bought and homemade Italian dressing will work for this recipe! Since the Italian dressing chicken marinade can be made with either, choose whichever you like best! For those following a keto/low carb lifestyle, use this Zesty Keto Italian Dressing Recipe if you prefer a homemade dressing.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Mozzarella Chicken Recipe
- Keto Baked Chicken Thighs (If you are not following the Keto/low carb lifestyle, use regular bbq sauce.)
- Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks W/ Marinade
How to Make Zesty Italian Chicken with Dressing Recipe:
Zesty Italian Chicken with Dressing
- 4.5 lbs bone-in split chicken breasts
- 2 cups Italian dressing
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Place the chicken in a large zip lock bag with the Italian dressing, and marinate it in the fridge for 30-45 minutes. If you do not have time to marinate, the chicken go ahead and add the chicken and dressing to a greased 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Add the seasonings to the chicken, and place the baking dish in the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes on the middle rack or until a digital meat thermometer reaches 160°F degrees. Then move the baking dish to the top rack to broil for 5 minutes so that the skin crisps. After you have removed the chicken from the oven, use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!