Get ready to Indulge in this irresistible Starbucks Copycat S’Mores Frappuccino Recipe. It combines rich, heavy cream, milk, and a hint of vanilla syrup, all blended to perfection with ice and instant espresso. Topped with marshmallow whipped cream, crushed graham crackers, and a drizzle of milk chocolate syrup, this S’Mores Frap is the ultimate twist on the classic campfire dessert.
Are you a fan of the S’Mores Frappuccino Starbucks recipe? This delicious blended coffee drink quickly gained popularity after being released in April 2015 and quickly became a fan favorite. It was discontinued in 2021 and hasn’t returned to the menu despite the fact it was one of the more favorite beverages.
If you’re wondering how to make a S’mores Frappuccino from Starbucks, you’ll be happy to know that it only requires a few simple ingredients at home. The drink is made with a blend of vanilla, coffee, milk, and ice and is topped with marshmallow-infused whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and graham cracker crumbles.
Ingredients For S’Mores Frappuccino
Marshmallow Whipped Cream: Adds a sweet and creamy marshmallow flavor on top of the copycat Starbucks s’mores frappuccino, making it extra delicious.
Toasted Marshmallow Syrup: Gives the frappuccino a rich and sweet marshmallow taste.
Heavy Cream: Makes the frappe really creamy and smooth.
Ice Cubes: Makes it icy cold and gives it a slushy texture.
Whole Milk: Adds a creamy and rich taste to the frappuccino.
Vanilla Syrup: Adds a sweet vanilla flavor to the frappuccino.
Instant Espresso: Adds a hint of coffee flavor.
Milk Chocolate Sauce: Adds a rich and smooth chocolate taste.
Marshmallow whipped cream On top of the frappe is like a fluffy and sweet cloud, making it even more fun and enjoyable to drink.
Crushed Graham Crackers: Gives it a crunchy texture and a hint of the classic s’mores flavor we love.
Extra Milk Chocolate Sauce: The extra drizzle on top of the drink adds more chocolatey goodness and makes it look even more tempting.
How to Make a Starbucks copycat S’Mores Frappuccino at home
Below is a step-by-step pictorial with brief instructions, tips, and tricks. Scroll to the bottom of the post for the detailed S’mores Frappuccino ingredients list and full recipe instructions.
Step 1: Make the marshmallow whipped cream in a bowl by mixing the toasted marshmallow syrup and heavy cream with a hand mixer whisk attachment until soft peaks have formed. Set this aside for later.
Step 2: In a blender, add the ice, whole milk, vanilla syrup, espresso, and milk chocolate syrup, and blend on medium power until smooth.
Tip: If the S’mores Frappuccino Recipe seems too thick and clingy after Step #2, add more milk and blend again for a smoother consistency.
Step 3: Prepare your S’mores Frappuccino cup by drizzling the sides of a tall glass with mocha sauce to get the Starbucks S’mores Frappuccino look. Followed by filling the bottom of each cup with some graham cracker crumble and a generous scoop of marshmallow whipped cream.
Tip: Feel free to get creative and add crushed Oreo or chocolate chip cookies for an alternative flavor.
Step 4: Fill the glass cup with the blended frappuccino mixture until halfway full. Follow with graham cracker crumbles and more marshmallowy whipped cream, and add a final layer of the frappuccino mixture until full.
Step 5: Finally, top with extra whipped cream mocha drizzle, and top with a sprinkling of graham crackers. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions About S’mores Frappuccino Recipe
How can I make the marshmallow whipped cream?
In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until it thickens. Gradually add the marshmallow syrup while continuing to whip. Whip until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overwhip.
Can I substitute the whole milk with non-dairy milk?
Yes, you can definitely use non-dairy milk like almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk as a substitute for whole milk.
Where can I find toasted marshmallow syrup?
You can find toasted marshmallow syrup at some well-stocked grocery stores or on Amazon. I’ve linked it here for your convenience.
Can I use regular brewed coffee instead of instant espresso?
Absolutely! Regular brewed coffee works fine as a substitute for instant espresso in this recipe.
Can I skip the coffee altogether?
Certainly, you can skip the coffee if you prefer a non-coffee version. Just omit it from the recipe, and you’ll still have a delicious s’mores-flavored frappuccino.
How can I make the frappuccino without a blender?
If you don’t have a blender, use a food processor or a hand immersion blender. Alternatively, you can vigorously shake the ingredients in a tightly sealed jar or container with ice until it’s well mixed. Still, it may not have the same frothy texture as a blender-prepared frappuccino.
How can I make the graham cracker crumbs?
Place some graham crackers in a zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy pan until they’re finely ground.
Can I make a larger batch of the frappuccino?
You can easily scale up the recipe by doubling or tripling the ingredients to make a larger batch.
What is the best way to toast marshmallows for the S’Mores Frappuccino?
You can use a kitchen torch or stovetop to toast marshmallows for your frappuccino. If using the stovetop, place a marshmallow on a skewer and hold it over an open flame (low heat) until it’s toasted to your liking. Be cautious and make sure to do this in a well-ventilated area.
Top Tips to Make a Perfect S’Mores Frappuccino
- Use Cold Ingredients: Ensure your milk, brewed coffee, and any syrups are cold. This helps maintain the frappuccino’s icy texture.
- Pre-Chill the Glass: Put your serving glass in the freezer for a few minutes before pouring in your frappuccino. This preserves cold beverages.
- Sweetness Control: Taste your frappuccino before adding all the syrups. You can adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less by the tablespoon.
- Texture Matters: Blend the ice thoroughly to avoid large ice chunks. Aim for a smooth, slushy consistency.
- Make it Extra Creamy – Add a splash of heavy whipping cream.
- Whipped Cream Variation: You can experiment with flavored whipped cream, such as chocolate or vanilla, for an extra layer of taste.
- Garnish Creatively: Besides graham cracker crumbs, try crushed chocolate bars or a sprinkle of cocoa powder for extra aesthetic.
- Caffeine Level: If you’re sensitive to caffeine, consider using decaffeinated coffee or simply leaving it out.
- Thicker Frappuccino: If you prefer a thicker frappe, add more ice. If it’s too thick, blend in a bit more milk.
- Stay Organized: Lay out all your ingredients and utensils before you start. It makes the process smoother and ensures you don’t forget anything.
Recipe Variations And Customizations
1. Coffee Substitutions:
Instant coffee or shot espresso can be replaced with brewed coffee, decaffeinated coffee, or cold brew coffee for different coffee intensities.
2. Mocha S’mores Frappuccino:
Add a shot of espresso or extra chocolate syrup for a strong coffee chocolate flavor.
3. S’mores Protein Shake:
Incorporate a scoop of your favorite protein powder for a post-workout treat.
4. Milk Substitutions:
Whole milk can be substituted with skim milk, 2% milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or any other milk of choice.
5. Chocolate Syrup Alternatives:
Chocolate syrup can be replaced with cocoa powder and a sweetener of your choice to make homemade chocolate syrup.
6. Double Chocolate S’mores:
Use chocolate milk instead of regular milk, and add extra chocolate syrup and chocolate chips for a decadent, chocolatey delight.
7. Graham Cracker Crumbs Substitutions:
Crushed chocolate graham crackers, or even crushed vanilla wafers, can be used as alternatives to sprinkling graham crackers.
8. Whipped Cream Variations:
Customize your creamy marshmallow cream with flavored varieties like chocolate, vanilla (using vanilla extract), or coconut whipped cream.
Storage Instructions For S’mores Frappuccino Starbucks Recipe
To store a S’Mores Frappuccino in the fridge, make the drink without any add-ins or toppings. Here are some tips to help you store your frappuccino properly:
- Fridge: Store your frappuccino in the fridge in an airtight container such as a mason jar or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. It can last 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Freezer: Avoid freezing your S’Mores Frappuccino, as it may change the texture and taste of the drink.
- Re-shake before drinking: Before drinking your leftover frappuccino, give it a good shake to mix all the ingredients together.
Tip: For the best experience, it’s best to add toppings and add-ins just before drinking. Adding them before storing can make the frappuccino soggy and watery.
More S’mores Themed Dessert Recipes
- S’mores Brownies From Scratch
- Ultimate S’mores Cookies From Scratch
- Easy S’mores Cupcake Recipe With Cake Mix
- S’mores Cheesecake In A Jar
- S’mores Bake Recipe
S'mores Frappuccino Starbucks Copycat Recipe
Marshmallow Whipped Cream
- ¼ cup toasted marshmallow syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ¼ cup ice
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup vanilla syrup
- 3 teaspoons instant espresso
- ¼ cup milk chocolate syrup
- marshmallow whipped cream
- 2 graham crackers crushed
- extra milk chocolate syrup
- In a bowl, make the marshmallow whipped cream by mixing the ¼ cup toasted marshmallow syrup and 1 cup heavy cream with a hand mixer whisk attachment until peaks have formed. Set this aside for later.
- In a blender, add the 2 ¼ cup ice, 1 ¼ cup whole milk, ¼ cup vanilla syrup, 3 teaspoons instant espresso, and ¼ cup milk chocolate syrup. Then, blend until smooth.
- Prepare your S'mores Frappuccino cup by drizzling the sides with the extra milk chocolate syrup to get the Starbucks S'mores Frappuccino look. Followed by filling the bottom of the cup with some of the crushed graham crackers and a generous scoop of marshmallow whipped cream.
- Next, fill the glass cup with the blended frappuccino mixture until halfway full. Layer with more crushed graham crackers and marshmallow whipped cream, and finish with the frappuccino mixture until full.
- Finally, top with extra whipped cream, drizzle milk chocolate syrup, and more crushed graham crackers. Enjoy!
- Ensure your milk, brewed coffee, and any syrups are cold because this helps maintain the frappuccino's icy texture.
- Taste your frappuccino before adding all the syrups so that you can adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less.
- Blend the ice thoroughly to avoid large ice chunks. You can experiment with flavored whipped cream, such as chocolate or vanilla, for an extra layer of taste.
- If you're sensitive to caffeine, consider using decaffeinated coffee or simply leaving it out.
- If you prefer a thicker drink, add more ice. If it's too thick, blend in a bit more milk.