If you’re looking for a yummy holiday-themed dessert that is super to make, try this recipe for Easy Christmas Reindeer Pretzels. They are a delicious holiday treat with only four ingredients to make as a family.
Easy Reindeer Pretzels
When it comes to a festive family treat, you can’t go wrong with these Reindeer Pretzel Rods. They’re not only adorable, but they’re so much fun to make together! They’re perfect for the holiday season and are delicious, too! You can’t deny the cuteness of the bright red nose!
No oven is needed, either! Just easy instructions that result in the cutest no-bake reindeer pretzel treats! While these make a great Christmas treat, they’re also a fun holiday gift to share with others.
If you are going to a cookie exchange, these Reindeer pretzel sticks would be great easy addition.
Reindeer Pretzels Ingredients:
- Pretzel Sticks – You want to use sticks for this recipe to make the reindeer antlers.
- Chocolate almond bar – You can also opt for other types of chocolate.
- Red M&M’s – This is for the bright red nose. A must!
- Candy Eyeballs – You might as well have candy eyeballs on hand at all times. We use them for so many baking projects.
How To Make Reindeer Pretzels:
Step One: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step Two: Melt the almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-seconds, then in 15-second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Hold 2 pretzel sticks together and dip them into the chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off.
Easy Tips for Dipping Pretzels in Chocolate
- Hold the two pretzels in your fingers and then dip them evenly in the chocolate.
- Let the pretzels hang above for a few minutes, so the excess chocolate drips off.
- If you need to redip them, that’s fine! You can always add more chocolate or dip them deeper.
Step Three: Place pretzels on the lined baking sheet. Make sure the sticks stay next to each other.
Step Four: Place an M & M on the tip of the chocolate end for a nose
Can we all agree that the reindeer pretzel nose is the best?
Step Six: Add candy eyeballs above the M & M’s to create the eyes. Allow to set before serving.
Tip: Check the baking aisles at your grocery store for the candy eyes.
What is the most efficient way to melt chocolate?
I like using the microwave to melt chocolate because it melts in spurts. I put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt for 30-seconds, then in 15-second increments, stirring between each time.
How to Keep Melted Chocolate from Solidifying?
As long as it’s warm, you can keep stirring it, stopping it from solidifying. You can also melt the chocolate in smaller batches. Especially if you are working with kids, you may get slowed down a bit. In that case, smaller batches are helpful.
You can also add a bit of vegetable oil to the chocolate BEFORE melting it, which will keep it from hardening as it cools.
Why Has my Chocolate Seized?
This happens when the chocolate has been burnt or overheated. If that is the case, you need to start from scratch with brand-new chocolate. I’ve done this many times myself. It can happen very quickly. That is why after the initial 30 seconds of melting, I suggest intervals of 15 seconds. Stirring is essential as the chocolate might not look like it has melted from just looking at it. As you stir, you’ll see it break down and become smooth.
Tips For The Easiest Reindeer Pretzels
Melt the chocolate slowly – Seriously, using the microwave method is the best way to get smooth and silky chocolate.
Have parchment paper handy – Once you dip the pretzels, you can set them on parchment paper to dry. This will help them not stick.
Variations to this recipe
- You can change the type of chocolate you use from dark chocolate to white chocolate.
- If you want to have a red candy nose but don’t like M &M’s, you can use red hot candies!
- Also, using a pretzel twist or two is a great idea.
- Try using mini pretzels and see what you think! You can use Hershey’s kisses or an unwrapped Rolo candy as the head of the reindeer and then have the smaller pretzels as the antlers. (a Rolo pretzel reindeer is so much fun to make!)
- There are so many ways to change these reindeer treats! Use your imagination and experiment as they make fantastic additions to a holiday party.
How long do these last?
As long as you store them properly, these cute little reindeer will last up to a week in an airtight container.
How to store Reindeer Pretzels:
Storing these pretzels in an airtight container is the best way to keep them fresh. It’s best to keep them in the fridge until just before serving.
More Easy Holiday Dessert Recipes:
- Oreo Balls with Peppermint (No-Bake)
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Balls
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Self-Rising Flour
- Cake Mix Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
EASY Christmas Reindeer Pretzels
- 96 Pretzel sticks
- 2 cups Chocolate almond bark
- 48 Red M & Ms
- 96 Candy eyeballs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper so the pretzels won't stick.
- Melt the almond bark in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave for 30-seconds, then in 15-second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. (I use a spatula to stir!)
- Hold 2 pretzel sticks together and dip them into the chocolate. Be patient and hold the pretzel sticks above the bowl to let the extra chocolate drip off.
- Put the chocolate dipped pretzels onto a baking sheet. Leave a little space between each of them.
- Add a red M &M as the nose.
- Add two candy eyeballs.
- Let the chocolate set thoroughly before eating!