You’ll love the ease of these Oven Baked S’mores cups with graham cracker crust! A yummy graham cracker crust indulges a rich chocolate marshmallowy goodness of cookie cups. The perfect dessert to make with kids or as an addition to your camping trip menu.
The great thing about making this recipe for s’mores cups is that it’s a simple, stress-free, and mess-free way to make them. Not only that, but once they’re done baking and getting all ooey-gooey melty, they’re the perfect treat.
Since you need 5 simple ingredients to make these baked smores cups in the oven, this recipe couldn’t be easier! Whip them up quickly when the craving hits – or make it a fun-filled baking day with the kids! The result? Everyone gets their own s’mores!
While you don’t make them outside by the fire like a traditional s’more, they are still a delicious dessert made in the oven. You don’t have to set up a s’mores station and make a fire, which is nice.
Trust me when I say that this mini s’mores pie recipe will be a huge hit! The crunchy graham crusts and sweet filling make the perfect bite-size treat!
What else can I use to make the s’mores crust?
This is where this recipe can get interesting – and fun! While I like to use crushed graham crackers, you can easily swap those out for crushed cookies.
Think Oreo crust, chocolate chip cookie crust, or even chocolate animal crackers crust! The options are unlimited on what you can use to change up the s’mores crust flavor and look.
Ingredients for S’more cups with graham cracker crust:
- Graham crackers– Used to make the crunchy crust. Graham cracker crumbs are easy to make, so crush up those crackers!
- Powdered Sugar– Adding the powdered sugar to the crust adds a hint of sweetness.
- Melted butter – This is what helps the crumbs of the crust stick together.
- Chocolate – I like to use Hershey’s chocolate bar pieces, but any chocolate will work great. Dark chocolate would be a great contrast to the sweetness of the marshmallows.
- Marshmallows – You can use regular marshmallows or mini marshmallows, whatever you have on hand.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 355 degrees. Break up the graham crackers and add powdered sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
Step 2: Add 2 TB of the mixture into your baking pan. Use the back of a spoon and make a small indention in the middle of each. Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
Step 3: Take the crusts out of the oven, then add the chocolate pieces into the center intentions.
Step 4: Top of the Hershey’s milk chocolate with marshmallows. If you’re using large marshmallows, cut them in half.
Step 5: Bake for five more minutes or until the marshmallows turn golden brown.
Why are my baked marshmallows hard?
This is common with smores. It’s best to eat these mini smores desserts while they’re still warm because the hot marshmallow will harden as they start to cool.
It’s still delicious but will have a different texture. If you want to soften the marshmallow again, you can reheat for a few seconds.
Having a toasted marshmallow on top is key but keep an eye on these s’mores cookie cups so that you don’t cook them too long.
How can I cut marshmallows in half?
If you’re using larger marshmallows, cutting them in half is going to be a must. The easiest way to make this a mess-free process is to wet down the blades of scissors before cutting.
This simple step will keep the marshmallows from sticking to the blades and make them WAY easier to cut in half.
You could also use a wet butter knife to cut the marshmallows; otherwise, they’ll be too big for these mini smores pies.
Can I use marshmallow fluff in place of marshmallows?
Yes, you can. If you don’t have marshmallows and have marshmallow fluff, use that instead. It will still act the same as a regular marshmallow and should brown on the top, too.
How to store leftover s’mores cups with Graham Cracker Crust
If you’re lucky enough to have any of these sweet treats leftover, make sure you store them properly for the next time you eat them.mThe best way to store smores is to add them to an airtight container. You can keep them at room temperature without an issue.
Warming them back up is simple! Just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds until they are ooey and gooey again.
Variations to this Recipe:
- Try different flavors of chocolate – Semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, and dark chocolate all work great!
- Use different types of candy bars – Reece’s cups, snickers, milky way, Hershey’s almond bars, Dark Chocolat bars, etc.
- Drizzle on a topping – More sugar, please! Drizzle some hot fudge over the top!
- Marshmallows have variety, too – There are so many fun colors and flavors of marshmallows out there! You can change the look with colored marshmallows for a fun change of pace!
Other Dessert Recipes:
- Cake Mix Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Easy Chocolate Mound Cake Recipe
- Grandma’s Mississippi Mud Cake
- Cosmic Brownie Recipe
- Moist Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Balls
More S’mores Dessert Recipes:
- No Bake S’mores Cheesecake in a Jar
- Easy S’mores Cupcake Recipe with Cake Mix S’mores Cookies
- Loaded S’mores Bars
- Indoor S’mores
- Easy S’mores Cupcake Recipe with Cake Mix
- S’mores Cookies
- Skillet S’mores
- 2 cups graham crackers
- 9 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Hershey's milk chocolate Candy Bars (standard size)
- 6 large marshmallows (cut in half)
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees.
- Break up the graham crackers and then add the powdered sugar and melted butter. Mix well.
- Add 2 T of the crust mixture into your baking pan. Use the back of a spoon and make a small indention in the middle of each one. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Take the graham cracker crusts out of the oven and add 2 squares of chocolate to each.
- Top the Hershey's chocolate sqaures with 1/2 of a large marshmallow.
- Put the pan in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until marshmallows reach desired brownness.